Stress awareness month has been recognized every April since the early 90’s and this year is no exception.
Stress is something that does not have a single definition since everyone deals with stress in different ways.
Stress is something that we all deal with– it is a part of the human experience– so it is something that we have to learn to manage.
Since we all experience stress differently, what works for one person, doesn’t always work for another.We don’t always have the option to control or change whatever is causing us stress in our lives so we have to learn to manage by understanding what is in our control at this moment, and developing a strong set of other coping mechanisms to deal with stress.
Some healthy coping mechanisms include:
– Moving your body regularly in ways that you like and that feel good.
– Eating enough of foods you like and that make you feel good.
– Getting enough sleep every night.
– Play with a pet.
– Practice a breathing exercise
– Listen to music.
– Color or draw.
– Do a mindfulness practice.
– Write in a journal.
– Call a friend or loved one.
– Take a 15 minute break
There are so many more and truly everyone’s stress management strategy will be different.
For the month of April we wanted to share some of our favorite iOS widgets that are designed with affirmations to help support your stress management this season:
- Actually Life is Beautiful and I have time – Photo Widget #1- Tropical
- Believe in yourself– Motivation- Neutral Nude Widget (multiple patterns available with this
- Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can– Motivation- Blue Watercolor Widget
- You got this– White Lettering- Photo Widget #1
- When you focus on the good, the good gets better– Autumn Boho- Photo #2 Widget
- We carry all of the magic we need inside of us already– Glitter Gold White- Photo #2 Widget
- Don’t compare– Scrapbook 2 Photo Widget #2
- You are enough– Pink Baddie Photo Widget #1
- When it rains look for rainbows, when its dark look for stars– Hologram Photo Widget #1
- Self love baby, self love– Pink White- Photo Widget #2